UN: in the devastated Aleppo going back thousands of people. The talks on Syria will be held in Astana on 23 January

Destroyed by the war the Syrian city of Aleppo began to return thousands of people.

About it reports Reuters, citing UN data.

The talks on Syria will be held in Astana on 23 January, foreign Minister of Turkey

«Thousands of people are beginning to return to previously rebel-held Eastern Aleppo, despite the cold weather and the complete destruction of the city», — stated in the message.

According to the representative of the UN high Commissioner for refugees (UNHCR) in Syria Sajjad Malik, over the past few days, about 2,200 families back in Hanano residential area.

However, given the terrible conditions, the UN recommends that people return to the city.

Recall that the evacuation of residents from Aleppo, the agreement which had been broken repeatedly, began on 15 December, but was suspended the next day due to the requirement of the army to evacuate the wounded from the villages of al-Fua and Kefra that are under the siege of insurgents in Idlib province.

20 December it was reported that the rebels had agreed to help evacuate people from these villages provided that also be taken the wounded from the settlements of Madai and Zabadani, near the Lebanese border, and who were surrounded by the army. However, on Sunday it appeared that the withdrawal of people from al-Fua and Kafra block the Islamists. According to UN estimates, these villages are 20 thousand people.

On December 22 the Syrian government has pledged full restoration of control over the Aleppo, where the rebels who held the city for more than four years, were forced to go to neighbouring city areas that are still under opposition control.

Note, the return of control over Aleppo is the largest victory of the Syrian government for the entire six-year period of the war. The city has been divided between government forces and rebels since 2012.

The talks on Syria will be held in Astana on 23 January, foreign Minister of Turkey

The Minister of foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlut Cavusoglu said that talks on the peaceful settlement of the war in Syria will be held January 23 in Astana (Kazakhstan).

About it reports Deutsche Welle.

«We will work hard for a political solution,» — said Cavusoglu.

He also said that the troops of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad must respect the ceasefire in the same way as the militant Shiites who support Iran, and which act on the side of Assad.

However, Turkey warns against the possible failure of the peace process, probably referring to the recent statements of opposition to the Assad regime, the rebels of violating the military regime of silence.

«If we do not stop increasing violations (of the truce), the process in Astana can fall,» — said the Turkish Minister.

Turkey is soon expected to arrive in Ankara the Russian experts to prepare for negotiations. At the end of 2016 Russia jointly with the Turkish side acted as the guarantor of the ceasefire in Syria entered December 30, but the silence regime has repeatedly violated the Syrian government forces, causing part of the rebels announced the suspension of preparations for the peace talks.

Moscow and Tehran are close supporters of Bashar al-Assad, contributing to the preservation of his regime by military means. Ankara is assisting the opposition forces in the fight against the jihadists, while simultaneously counteracting the Kurdish rebels.




UN: in the devastated Aleppo going back thousands of people. The talks on Syria will be held in Astana on 23 January 04.01.2017

0
Январь 4th, 2017 by
36 queries