Hosted the seventh stage of the rally-RAID «Dakar»-2017. Due to the bad weather the stage of the race was shortened by half. The track was laid from the Bolivian city of La Paz to the famous Uyuni salt flats, formed on the dry lakes in the South of the desert plains of the Altiplano, writes «Today».
The first victory on the Dakar was won by the American rider Ricky Brabec. The overall leader Sam Sunderland finished only third, but this allowed him to increase the gap from the closest pursuers.
In the class of SUVs their claim to the victory proves Stephane Peterhansel. The Frenchman won the next race and even further away from competitors in the General classification.
But for a leader in the discipline of the trucks race failed. Gerard de Rui did not get into the top three, and won the stage, Dmitry Sotnikov KAMAZ, which allowed him to reduce the distance in the overall standings.
10 January will be the 8th stage. Racers will travel from Uyuni to the Argentine city of Salta. Originally planned that the distance of the route will amount to 662 km and the special stage 322 km.
1. Ricky Brabec (USA, Honda) – 2:02.05
2. Paulo Goncalves (Por, Honda) +00:01.44
3. Sam Sunderland (UK, KTM) +00:04.43
1. Sergey Karjakin (Russia, Yamaha) – 02:32.49
2. Axel Dutry (France, Yamaha) +00:02.59
3. Ignacio Casale (Chile, Yamaha) +00:09.36
1. Stephane Peterhansel / Jean-Paul Kottre (France, Peugeot) – 01:54.08
2. Sebastian Loeb / Daniel Elena (France / Monaco, Peugeot) +00:00.48
3. Ginel de Villiers / Dirk von Zitzewitz (South Africa, Germany, «Toyota») +00:03.33
1. Ravil Maganov (Russia, «Polaris») – 03:02:09
2. Li Dongsheng (China, «Polaris») + 00:00:47
3. Mao Ruijin (China, «Polaris») + 00:04:20
1. Dmitry Sotnikov (Russia, KAMAZ) – 01:41:35
2. Ton van Genugten (Holland, «Iveco») +00:02.51
3. Federico Villagra (Argentina, «Iveco») +00:03.37
The winners of the seventh stage of the rally «Dakar» 10.01.2017