Sytnik: the case against well-known people will bring to trial in February-March

The Chairman of the National anti-corruption Bureau Sytnik, Artem promised to transfer the case to the court against certain well-known people in February and March.

He said this in an interview with «UKRINFORM».

«Some will give in March and some in February. People expect famous names. They are constantly heard, but most often it leads to political speculations. Yes, the famous name will be,» he said.

On specifying question concerning these names, rush said: «the names you know. They are constantly heard in the media.»

In particular, Sytnyk called the name of the ex-the Deputy from «Popular front» and ally, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk, Mykola Martynenko, recognizing that while passes on business as the witness.

«You see, the very structure of the Criminal procedural code does not allow to use language such as «the case Martynenko». Although the actual MP Martynenko today is checked on participation in certain transactions», – said the Chairman of the NEB.

Also Sitnic said that the Bureau is conducting an investigation concerning former acting Minister of ecology Sergei Kurikin, which Yatsenyuk has publicly accused of corruption and attempt of assignment of the «Kyoto money». He added that the NEB is beginning an investigation before the statement of Yatsenyuk and complained that this announcement had a negative impact on the result.

«I’ll tell you more: unfortunately, this situation went in a public plane a little faster than we expected. We wanted to carry out certain operational activities, but when the information has been publicly reported, this limited us in certain operational capabilities,» he explained.

According to Sytnik, the test in this case revealed that «through fictitious companies wanted to withdraw nearly half a billion USD». In his opinion, relative to this production «quickly enough to be a final decision».

The Chairman NAB also announced that his Department checks on the indictment against former Deputy Prosecutor General Vitaliy KASKO in the appropriation of public apartments and plots.

At the same time, the case regarding the accusations against the Odessa Governor Mikheil Saakashvili has been dropped as the MP who announced the charges, refused to testify.

Rush also complained that much of the information on the work of NABU in the media is false.

«A lot of people, to which we now come, have access to the media actually owned them. And now we face a problem when 60% of the information just warped. And NABOO had repeatedly explained those or other facts, your steps, made a public presentation about our procurement, recruitment and other issues. But the information is still distorted,» said he.

Previously Sytnik declared that in February in Kiev will arrive the representatives of the Federal Bureau of investigation, the United States, who will be assisting the National anti-corruption Bureau of Ukraine in tracking cash flows.

According to him, around 20 officials are potentially within the zone of interests of the National anti-corruption Bureau of Ukraine, with special attention to the judges. «We have in development is about 1.5 thousand judges. And file on them we will use for transmission to the High Commission of judges, High Council of justice, when they will be engaged in the re-evaluation of those judges. We have received shocking information about some of the judges in terms of the amount of their property, vehicles and overseas trips,» said Sitnic.

The national anti-corruption Bureau of Ukraine was established on March 3, 2015.

On 16 April the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko after the preliminary competition has appointed 35-year-old lawyer Artem Sytnik, Director of the Bureau.

In may, the NEB opened the competition to recruit the first 100 detectives. The winners in the contest were 70 people. On 1 October they went to work.

On December 16 detectives NABOO first exposed the bribe taker.

According to the law on National anti-corruption Bureau, its competence to include corruption offences committed by public officials 1 and 2 categories, as well as judges.




Sytnik: the case against well-known people will bring to trial in February-March 16.02.2016

0
Февраль 16th, 2016 by
36 queries