PACE called for negotiations, the parties to the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. Azerbaijan is ready to «full operations»

President of the parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Pedro Agramunt appealed to the parties to the Karabakh conflict to end the violence and return to the negotiating table, reports the UNIAN.

«I am extremely concerned about reports of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh and deeply saddened at the loss of people», — stated in the text of the address on the official website of the organization.

Azerbaijan promised «a full-scale operation» in case of aggravation of the Karabakh conflict

Agramunt also welcomed the statement of the authorities of Azerbaijan of the ceasefire unilaterally.

As reported, the situation in the region escalated dramatically on the night of 2 April.

In the Azerbaijani defense Ministry said that Armenian Armed forces fired at positions of the Azerbaijani army, using artillery, mortars and other heavy weapons. According to the Azerbaijani Ministry, the shelling was also conducted on a number of residential areas located near the line of contact, so it was decided to apply the measures.

The Armenian defense Ministry accused the Azerbaijani army on the offensive using artillery, armored vehicles and aircraft. Armenian side reports that rocket fire from the Azerbaijani side was carried out not only for defensive military positions, but also on human settlements.

There are dead and wounded among the military and civilians on both sides.

Nagorno-Karabakh, inhabited mainly by Armenians declared secession from Azerbaijan in 1991. This led to an armed conflict during which Azerbaijan lost control over the territory, and the deaths of about 30 thousand people.

Azerbaijan promised «a full-scale operation» in case of aggravation of the Karabakh conflict

The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is not frozen and it is not resolved with time itself, said the Deputy head of the presidential administration of Azerbaijan, head of the Department for external relations Novruz Mammadov, writes NEWSru.com.

«The international community, various organizations co-chair countries of the OSCE Minsk group must take steps to resolve the conflict,» Mamedov said, stressing that Azerbaijan supports a peaceful settlement of the Karabakh conflict.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the defense Ministry of Azerbaijan Vagif Dargyakhli said to «Interfax-Azerbaijan» that the situation on the frontline remains dire.

«Although we have declared compliance with the ceasefire regime, the Armenian party still continues to fire at positions of the Azerbaijani armed forces and settlements located along the frontline,» said Dargahi.

He stressed that Azerbaijani troops would remain on the returned control of the strategic heights, and in the case of aggravation of the situation the Republic is ready to hold a «full-scale operation across the front line using all types of weapons».

Nagorno-Karabakh, meanwhile, accuses the armed forces of Azerbaijan in the deaths of civilians.

«Yesterday (April 3 — ed.), Azeri units tried to enter the village. The result you see,» said the press Secretary of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) David Babayan, Recalling frames with the bodies of elderly residents, previously published in the Armenian media.




PACE called for negotiations, the parties to the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. Azerbaijan is ready to «full operations» 04.04.2016

0
Апрель 4th, 2016 by
36 queries