Nasalik: Ukraine plans to convert 40% of nuclear reactors to fuel the American company Westinghouse

Ukraine plans to convert 40% of nuclear power plants for nuclear fuel, the us-Japanese company Westinghouse, which is already supplying this fuel for Ukrainian reactors. This was during the hour of questions to government in Parliament the Minister of energy and coal industry Igor Nasalik, writes UNIAN.

«We have launched a fifth unit of Zaporizhzhya NPP is fully on the fuel of Westinghouse and today is considered a program under which 40% of nuclear power units of Ukraine will work at the nuclear fuel of Westinghouse. We are diversifying our capabilities by 40%,» said Nasalik.

As reported, in March 2015, the South-Ukrainian NPP has successfully completed the uploading of the upgraded fuel TVs-WR produced by Westinghouse on the third unit. In April last year SUNPP connect this unit to the grid in the country.

In February 2016, the national nuclear energy generating company «Energoatom» put on the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant the first batch of nuclear fuel of Westinghouse.

In the first half of 2016 «Energoatom» imported 41.6% of fuel elements containing nuclear fuel produced by Westinghouse, and the rest of 58.4% from Russia.




Nasalik: Ukraine plans to convert 40% of nuclear reactors to fuel the American company Westinghouse 21.10.2016

0
Октябрь 21st, 2016 by
36 queries