In Kiev opened a memorial plaque Konovalets

In Kiev, at the house №24 along the street Sich Riflemen (formerly Artyom), where once housed Galicia Bukovina battalion, and later regiment of Sich, a memorial plaque to Colonel of the army of the Ukrainian national Republic, the founder of the organization of Ukrainian nationalists Eugene Konovalets.

January 22, the ceremony was attended by representatives of the authorities, clergy and the public, according to the website of the Ukrainian Institute of national memory.

The author of the bas-relief of Colonel was the sculptor Alexander Michalecki.

Celebrations on the occasion of the opening of a memorial Board start Requiem-Requiem, which is jointly celebrated by representatives of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyiv Patriarchate and the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. After the memorial service and the laying of flowers was held a meeting with participation of representatives of the government, particularly Deputy Prime Minister Pavel Rozenko, Deputy head of the presidential Administration Rostislav Pavlenko, culture Minister Yevgeny Nischuk, head of the Ukrainian Institute of national memory Vladimir Vyatrovich, head of the office of the Kyiv city state administration Volodymyr Bondarenko.

Eugene Konovalets (14 June 1891 — 23 may 1938) — leader of the Ukrainian nationalist movement, 1929 — 1938. The UNR army Colonel, commander of the SVR, the head of the Wire of Ukrainian nationalists (1927), the founder and head of the OUN (up to 1938).

The remains are buried at center cemetery, Crooswijk in Rotterdam of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.




In Kiev opened a memorial plaque Konovalets 23.01.2017

0
Январь 23rd, 2017 by
36 queries