Europe threatens new attacks, warns Europol

The head of European police Agency (Europol) Rob Wainwright warns of the threat of terrorist attacks by Islamists in Europe.

He said this in an interview with the German Neue Osnabruecker Zeitung, UKRINFORM reports.

«Europe stood now facing the greatest threat for more than 10 years. We can expect that «ISIL» and other religious terrorist groups are planning attacks somewhere in Europe – so there were a lot of civilian casualties,» said Wainwright.

The perpetrators of such terrorist attacks, he said, can be not only militant groups, but also singles. Including among Europeans who received military training in the camps and fought in the ranks of the Islamists and returned home. These are from 3 to 5 thousand people.

At the same time, he denied a high probability of penetration on the continent of militants among the refugees. Europol, he said, has no such data.

Formerly Director of the intelligence Department of the Ministry of defense Vincent Stewart stated that the Islamic state would attempt in 2016 to conduct terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe. In the National intelligence of the USA reported that terrorists operate in some 40 countries and will seek to penetrate into other States as refugees.

As reported, on November 13 last year in a series of terrorist attacks in Paris, killing 132 people, about 400 people were injured. Responsibility for the attacks was assumed by the terrorist group «Islamic state».




Europe threatens new attacks, warns Europol 19.02.2016

0
Февраль 19th, 2016 by
36 queries