Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said Wednesday, 24 February 2016, the Russian passenger liner companies «Kogalymavia» over the Sinai Peninsula was destroyed last year as a result of a terrorist act, reports «Interfax-Ukraine» with reference to the Western media.
Thus, the Egyptian government officially acknowledged for the first time a plane crash over the Sinai in the hands of terrorists.
As noted by al-Sisi, the crime is committed by people trying to damage the tourism industry of the country and undermine relations Cairo with Moscow.
He began to call any persons or to mention certain organization as the perpetrators of the incident, stressing that it is still uncertain who exactly is «made». «Ended terrorism? No, but we can win if we unite. Whoever shot down the Russian plane, he did it to strike at tourism and relations with Russia», — said al-Sisi during his speech on television.
In December 2015 the Egyptian Ministry of civil aviation stated that its inquiry the Committee had «found no evidence of any illegal activities or terrorist intervention», which could lead to an explosion A321 in the air.
31 October 2015 the plane the companies «Kogalymavia» (RF), EN route flight KGL9268 in St. Petersburg from Sharm El-Sheikh, exploded over the Sinai Peninsula shortly after the flight. On Board were 224 people — 217 passengers, including 25 children, and seven crew members. They all died. Almost all the victims are Russians. Also on Board were four citizens of Ukraine and one passenger from Belarus.
«Islamic state» twice took responsibility for this, they claimed, a terrorist attack. The first time it happened on the day of the accident on October 31, but the message was accompanied by pictures of the aircraft of another airline, so trust it caused. The second time it happened November 4: online published an audio recording. The Times argues that on this record the voice of the Egyptian terrorist Abu Osama al-Masri, the group which swore «ID» in 2014.
The version of «the attack» was voiced by the President of the United States Barack Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron. But these countries did not have access to the accident site, and, according to media reports, their findings were based on intercepted talks of extremists operating on the Sinai Peninsula.
The Russian side is playing for time and announced that this was indeed a terrorist attack, only a month later. According to the expert opinion of the independent Moscow-based political analyst Andrei Piontkovsky, who is now in hiding outside the country, such a delay is due solely to the desire of the Kremlin to dedicate the presentation of the results of its investigation with a new, greatly enhanced the attacks of the Russian aerospace defence forces (PPP) in Syria.
Director of the Federal security service of Russia Alexander Bortnikov announced the terrorist attack on Board the A321 only on November 17. «Our professionals, on Board an aircraft in flight explosive device with power up to 1 kg in a trotyl equivalent, the result of which was the destruction of the plane in the air, which explains the scattering of parts of the fuselage of the aircraft at a great distance», — said Bortnikov.
«You can definitely say that this is a terrorist act,» he said at a meeting with Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin, which was also attended by Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and the heads of law enforcement agencies.
In response, Putin immediately called for the intensification of attacks on opponents of Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
«Our military operation in Syria should not just continue, it needs to be strengthened so that criminals understand that retribution is inevitable,» said Putin.
According to the decision of the chief of the General staff of the Russian armed forces Valery Gerasimov, who was also present at this meeting, the number of Russian combat aircraft and daily flights to Syria were immediately doubled.
Egypt was first called the collapse of the Russian A321 terrorist attack, but they still don’t know «who shot down a plane» 24.02.2016