Because of the actions of the National anti-corruption Bureau the suit of the Ministry of justice of Ukraine in the European court of human rights against the «Rosneft» can be ineffective. In an interview with «the observer» said the Deputy Minister of justice of Ukraine Ivan Lyschina.
«We are talking about a subrogation claim. The bottom line is this: if the government paid compensation for the violation of the Convention by the fault of a third party, you can go with a subrogation claim against the infringer and seek compensation from him. Previously, this mechanism worked very poorly, but the Ministry of justice decided to establish a process. So, as far as I know, is preparing several similar lawsuits, including against Rosneft. A lawsuit planned to file until December 19 on the basis of the materials and decisions of the ECHR, which NABOO whether intended or did not intend to withdraw that number,» he said.
According to Lisina, the delay of filing a lawsuit can lead to the fact that «the opponents will have time to withdraw funds».
«If we do not submit a claim, there is a serious risk of disrupting the whole process. We have this situation: a lawsuit will win, and to withdraw will have nothing,» – said the Deputy Minister.
Another Deputy head of the Ministry Natalia Bernatsky said that on 8 December the office was visited by the staff of NEB, according to her, without a court ruling on permission to a search, and spent about 1.5 hours in the office where documents are stored cases in the European court of human rights. According to her, the Protocol of the search the officers of the NAB pointed out that the seized documents from the trash.
The Bernatsky added that the search took place also at the employee of the Ministry of justice. However, she argues that investigations are begun without lawyers, and when they arrived, they were not allowed.
NABU called the search legal and said that he was held in connection with the operational information about the destruction of documents. According to the Bureau, during a search in premises of the Ministry of justice were present understood and conducted a full video recording, and investigative actions in the house of an employee of the Department took place in the presence of five of its advocates.
The Prosecutor General’s office of Ukraine opened criminal proceedings on the statement of the offense committed by the detectives NAB during a search of the Ministry of justice.
The Minister of justice Pavel Petrenko said that the actions of the NABS may interfere with the suit against the «Rosneft» on 700 million UAH. In the anti-corruption Bureau has denied these words.
Deputy Minister of justice of Ukraine on prolongation of action against «Rosneft» from-for searches NABOO: Opponents will have time to withdraw funds 19.12.2017