Damascus announced the beginning of a ground invasion of Turkey. The defense Ministry denied this information

Syrian foreign Ministry announced the beginning of a ground invasion by Turkey: after the firing positions of the Syrian Kurds in the North of the province of Aleppo, there was a convoy of military vehicles and about a hundred soldiers. Information of the foreign Ministry reports NEWSru.com with reference to the news Agency SANA.

The Ministry of defence of Turkey confirmed the shelling of the Kurds and denied the information about the «invasion» in Syria

The foreign Ministry characterizes Turkey as «direct support to terrorists»: it is assumed that Turkish artillery fired on areas that the Kurds were liberated from the militants of several radical groups, including «dzhebhat EN-Nusra».

The foreign Ministry says that at least 12 cars armed with guns, entered the territory of Syria from Turkey. It was accompanied by about 100 fighters, some of whom, presumably, were the Turkish military and mercenaries. They went to Syria through the border crossing of Bab al-Salameh.

Despite calls by the US and EU, Turkey will continue to fire at positions of the Kurds in Syria. This statement of Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu spoke in a telephone conversation with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

«The security forces of Turkey will continue to respond to attacks from the Kurdish people’s self-defense Forces (SNA) in Northern Syria,» Davutoglu was quoted by the Agency Reuters citing its own sources.

Note that earlier on the website of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama was published the text of a telephone conversation, Vice President Joe Biden with Davutoglu. American politician noted the U.S. efforts aimed at not to allow the Kurds to seize more territory near the Turkish border, and called on Ankara to exercise restraint and stop artillery strikes.

Concern about the deteriorating situation in the province of Aleppo in Northern Syria was expressed by the French foreign Ministry.

«France calls for an immediate cessation of the bombing, both from the regime and its allies in all areas, and on the part of Turkey to occupy a Kurdish area,» said the foreign Ministry.

Note that Turkey for two days shelled positions of Kurdish insurgents in Northern Syria: on Sunday, the representatives of the Kurdish party Democratic Union (MPD) refused to leave occupied in the battle areas in Northern province Aleppo.

According to one of the leaders of the PDS Saleh Muslim, his supporters «will resist any Turkish invasion of Northern Syria». Muslim said that «up until last week, the MPD units and people’s self-defense Forces (SNA) has not taken control of the base manag, it was in the hands of Hamas (the terrorist group) «dzhebhat EN-Nusra»».

According to available information, as a result of the attacks have killed several Kurdish fighters, more than a dozen were injured. It is noted that Turkish artillery deliberately shelled a military airfield Minneh in the North of Aleppo province, as well as the area adjacent to the village of Deir Jamal. This is the area in control of the militias of the Kurds.

According to the source RIA «news» in the militia, on Sunday evening, the artillery of the Turkish army opened fire on the barracks of the Kurdish self-defense forces in the Syrian city of Afrin. According to the interlocutor of the Agency, there are victims, but the exact figures he did not name.

Damascus on Sunday, 14 severe, condemned committed by Turkey of shelling Syrian territory. The foreign Ministry urged the UN to take measures against Ankara.

Airport Minneh was captured by Kurdish paramilitary forces on February 11. The Kurds retook it three groups of Islamist rebels, including from «dzhebhat EN-Nusra». This operation opened the road to the border town of a’zaz — the nearest to the border with Turkey. The city is considered a transit point used for the supply of weapons from Turkey. Saturday, February 13, Turkish artillery strikes on the region near the town of Azaz, Sunday, February 14th, the shelling continued.

Earlier Ahmet Davutoglu made a military operation against the Syrian Kurds.

The Ministry of defence of Turkey confirmed the shelling of the Kurds and denied the information about the «invasion» in Syria

Turkish armed forces fired at four regions in the North of Syria. As reported by Anadolu, said the Minister of national defense of Turkey Ismet Yilmaz. At the same time, the head of the defense Ministry denied reports about the Turkish incursion into Syrian territory.

According to the Anadolu Agency, Yilmaz, speaking in Parliament on Monday, 15 February, stated that this information is untrue.

«The forces of the party «Democratic Union» (DS) and the Kurdistan workers ‘ party in Turkey was released by a mortar shell. Within the response the answer was to contain due to open in the direction of our country by fire», — said the Minister.

According to him, fire was opened from the province of Kilis battery of howitzers to fighters, found in the regions Marinas, Sigarnas, airfield of manag and tal Rifat. As noted by Ismet Yilmaz, the Turkish side has no losses.

The NTV TV channel reports that for the last two days the Turkish army fired 100 rounds of artillery means 50 targets in Syria near the border.

The airfield of manag currently is under control of Forces of national self-defense (SNA). The soldiers of the SNA attempted to move North to the city of Ashes 10 km from the border with Turkey. In this regard, the artillery struck blows to positions of the SNA near the base of manag, reports TASS.




Damascus announced the beginning of a ground invasion of Turkey. The defense Ministry denied this information 15.02.2016

0
Февраль 15th, 2016 by
36 queries